- 1.1 Information we gather or track
- 1.2 What we do with collected information
- 1.3 Who can use collected information and how
- 1.4 Choosing to opt-out of information collection
- 1.5 Corrections & updates to personal information
- 1.6 Deleting or deactivating your name from our database
- 1.7 Children's privacy
- 1.8 Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- 1.10 How to contact customer service
WikiSea will not give any information about you to any outside organization unless we receive your prior consent or a court order. We may ask you for information to help us provide you with personalized services, or to grant access to certain parts of this web. When we do request information, we undertake to inform you:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site.
- Which organization is collecting the information.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under WikiSea'sSecond control.
- How you can correct inaccuracies in the information.
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should first contact our webmaster at:
If you do not receive an acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, contact:
Information we gather or track
Information on general usage and any optional personal details you provide to us will be used to provide you with enhanced features such as customized content, access to our bulletin boards, participation in chats and the ability to access a wider range of information. The following are details of the information we collect:
- WikiSea collects the minimum data needed to provide you with a Member account.
- Membership is optional.
- If you do register as a Member, you can mask your email address so it is not available to others.
- Any other information is optional.
- We may keep track of newsletters, updates and other features for which a user may register. Additionally, usage information may be analyzed so that we can judge our system's performance or execute your customized features.
- We may use user data to display personalized content to our visitors.
- Your computer reaches us via a particular IP (Internet Protocol) address. This can tell us things like what part of the world you're coming from or what service provider you are using, but WikiSea does not link your IP address to any personally identifiable information about you.
- Our registration form may ask for contact and demographic information used to send news about our products or promotional material from our partners. You will be able to opt-out of receiving any mailings. Demographic information may be used to customize content that we think might be of interest or related to your past visits.
- Surveys may ask for contact information or unique identifying information to increase the value of the results. We share only aggregate information from our surveys. We do not share any personal information.
What we do with collected information
- We sometimes use provided information to personalize features of our Website based on your preferences.
- We'll use your email contact information to provide you with newsletters to which you subscribe, or for similar information we think you may find of interest. However, you can choose to opt out of these mailings. By providing your contact information you will be eligible to acquire user ID's and passwords that will allow you to participate in our discussion features, including forums and bulletin boards.
- We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our site and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfil your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
Who can use collected information and how
- Feedback is used by WikiSea staff to improve our service to you.
- Please be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information online, personal or otherwise, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you use chat, forums, bulletin boards, your e-mail or, if you post personal information online, you may receive unsolicited messages from others. We have no means to control this use of your information.
Choosing to opt-out of information collection
- Some personal information is required for registration. Additional information may be required for access to specific content. You can always choose not to receive additional mailings at that time.
Corrections & updates to personal information
Members can change or correct information about themselves via online forms which are part of our registration system. If there is a problem with a change being accepted by our system, you may contact us at the email address: email@example.com
Deleting or deactivating your name from our database
At your request we will de-activate your Member account but because of the nature of WikiSea any contributions you have made to forums, blogs and wiki will continue to be published online under the Creative Commons Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike License. To request de-activation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No parts of wikisea.com are directed at children under 13.
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
This policy conforms to PIPEDA and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
How to contact customer service
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our practices or your dealings with us, you can contact: email@example.com